Friday, April 20, 2007

Ahhh. Friday Foe-Twenny.

I have been sick for 9 days now. It sucks ass lemme tell ya. 11 days ago, my 6 year old stepdaughter fell of the bed and split her wee head open on a coffee mug. I wasn't there at the time but apparently there was lots of blood. Enough to warrant a trip to the children's hospital for sutures. Poor kid! However, advanced medicine being what it is, all they did was glue her head shut and braid her hair over it to hold it all together. Done... Neat. Unfortunately, advanced medicine being what it also is, she brought home a flu bug in her poor little guts. It reeked moderate havoc on her tummy before infecting me. What makes this worse is the night I woke with a fever and alarming stomach pains, I had left work a few minutes early that day because over the corse of just 90 minutes, I could feel a hurricane force head cold coming on and I knew I didn't have a lot of time to get home.

Hybrid illness. Splendid. I caught that flu bug in spades. I'll spare you all which part of my body is most exhausted from the effort. Nights were the worst. I couldn't sleep because I was convulsing so hard with a fever. Mightydoll, sweetheart that she is, fetched water and ibuprofen. She lost a lot of sleep those nights as well. Something about a vibrating bed prevented her from comfortable slumber.

As if my body wasn't shitty enough, I missed 4 days of work and three proposed band practices. Fuck. I really wanted to go to band practice. I seem to be coming around again. This is good. Going to go to the bar tonight and see what I can see.

Happy 420 all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4/21/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger Natalia coughed up...

Happy 420, even though I am not one to partake :)

Hope you a back to good very soon.

-N

 
At 4/23/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

*hugs*

Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home