Friday, March 30, 2007

Resurfacing

Its been a long while. I needed a break from the posting thing because I was dedicating way too much time to correspondence. To posting. To telling stories about my everyday life that which was going nowhere in terms of what I wanted. Stories of want rather than have done. Think of it as a 'shit or get off the pot' kind of thing. I was looking for ways to change my life while repeating the same routine. I also felt constantly obligated to keep checking the comment sections of others to see if they responded so they wouldn't feel forgotten... or forcing myself to drag my eyes through posts that don't interest me simply so I could make an educated comment so that they would read my posts.

I'm such a whore for attention its silly. Without an audience I feel no need to write. I'm trying not to give a shit about that anymore.

I have updated the songs on the side bar too. Check them out :)

Changes. And there have been many and there are still many to go. First and most importantly to me, I have moved in with my long time girlfriend, Mightydoll. She and I now share a 2 bedroom apartment and are also sharing the responsibility of her children with her ex-husband rather peacefully. I have not always been certain to her in my plans but I am now and intend to remain that way. She has become my best friend and I want to share my life with her. It fills my chest with joy to know that she wishes the same. Her dog and my cat live not in harmony but definitely in peace. I have a thing about vanishing from places. It is a rather romantic idea to me. She has a goal to vanish to Ireland for a few months. Know what? She wants me to go too!! We can wander off together into the elsewhere for a while. I really like that dream. I believe we are planning for this in the future but I don't know when. I will bring my laptop, ipod, camera and clothes. Nothing else.

Imagine. Ireland. I can't do it. I've never been to Europe. In fact, I have only just left the North American continent for the first time last week. My physical experience of this supposedly tiny world is rather limited as of yet. Anyway,...






I love you very much, Mightydoll. You are my friend. My lover. My reflection. My voice of reason. And best of all, simply yourself. Thank you.



Love,
Hubris

6 Comments:

At 3/31/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Dr. Brainiac coughed up...

Love the nod to Tom Waits! That's my second favorite song of his, right behind "Psycho."

 
At 3/31/2007 5:32 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

Thanks :) Waits is a weird cat for sure but I really dig it...

 
At 4/01/2007 3:48 AM, Blogger Natalia coughed up...

Awwww....yaay living together and all that stuff. I was in Ireland. It was while you were on your hiatus. It's lovely. Too bad things didn't work out with Peter. But if I wasn't true to myself, I could have just stayed with him to live there! lol

-N

 
At 4/01/2007 5:43 AM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

I'm sorry it didn't work out Nat. Y'know, being true to myself is something I have found to be more difficult than simply being truthful to others.

 
At 4/01/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Natalia coughed up...

Don't be darling. It was the right decision for me. I am happy.

-N

 
At 4/02/2007 11:23 AM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

excellent then. I really understand that feeling from my ended marriage

 

Post a Comment

<< Home