Monday, August 13, 2007

13 Days Remain

This band has responded to my inquiries about singing for them. My samples have been sent. They responded by saying,
"So tell you what,
Come down prepared with lyrics and melodies to Hardly wait, we play it the way it was recorded, we jam a few times and see how that song goes... And judging fromt hat we'll move from there.
Please note we are a heavy rock loud band, the singer for this band will have power and projection to his voice.
We need a singer who can not only sing, but project his voice on key.
Please focus on Hardly wait, make it your own lyrically and melodically with vocals, come in and wow us, and remember we are looking for a loud projected voice to soar over top of our music.
Get back to us when you're done, let's say in the next 2 weeks....
I just don't want to leave this hanging long as we have auditions this week, but at the same time, your mission is to impress the shit out of us right?
So yeah let me know when you're ready"

*Drags laptop to closet and closes door*

Included in this week's goals: a guitar playing friend of mine is going to come over and aid me with recording the song I have written, or at least the chord progression, I have roaming through my head so that I can lay some lyrics and melodies to it.

Also scheduled, I am meeting as many as two different other bands, both at Jam night this week, to talk music and potentially singing for their bands.

I wonder if it still remains to be seen wether I want it or not...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 1:13 PM, Blogger Lance coughed up...

Now you're getting progressive toward reaching your dream. Nicely done.

 
At 8/15/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

Never done. Just like house work only way more fun. I really wish you could be there tonight.

 
At 8/16/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Natalia coughed up...

Woohoo *snoopydance of proactiveness*

Way to go, young Hubris. It sounds like you are managing to rack up the interviews, demos sent, meetings, etc.

Can't wait to see you in a band.

-N

 
At 8/18/2007 12:46 AM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

Sunday there is a tryout practice. I'm kinda tweaked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home