Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shelf Life in the Beehive

The header is to be replaced with something cooler but until I get it, ya'll will just have to suck it up :)

A new place. A place for everything. I was made aware by Sass that this is the first apartment I have ever been excited about. Its exciting because I finally got to figure out just where do I want to live anyway? I like high places. Othercat has an 11th floor place that is pretty cool. Way more than I can afford though. I still have to slum it. Which is totally fine with me btw. So it turns out that the slums has just such a place for me. The best part is that the apartment was vacant for so long that they had to refurbish it. New wood floors, paint, bathroom sink & 2 new kitchen appliances. Result, an awesome apartment in a crummy neighborhood for a good price. My particular drawer in this giant bee hive is on the 30th floor. Kindly notice, in the header for my new blog, how I can see ummm.... EVERYTHING! The city I love, its lake further south and on the other side, yup. That's St. Catherines and Niagara Falls.



Here's another. A shot of Parliament St. Southbound. Its from my new toy & clearly, it works much better with close ups.



Its a web cam :)



Ahhh. There we are. Lofty. I like it up here. Ya know why cats choose the highest positions? Because they're fucking cool! Seriously, why wouldn't one want to have coffee while staring at this view!?

So the deal with the new look is this. My first blog ever was the raw black template with no frills. It was a dark and horrifying diary of the destruction of my previous life. "The man who haunts my mirror" After using it to purge a great deal of toxicity and pain, it was time to begin to heal. "Waking From A Coma" was born. It has evolved over the last year from being a tool of recovery and therapy to a forum for my art and thoughts for those who find it interesting or of any value. Unfortunately, it will never be free of the bind of that which I have all but let go. The time for the final stages are at hand. Anne and I are going to settle this fairly once & for all.

I'm prepared. As such, I felt the need for a new beginning in my mind which incedentally is usually smeared all over my posts. A reptile shedding dead skin. But not cold-blooded. I have a heat rock :)

So this is my new home, everyone. Come in. Make yourselves comfortable.
*packs bowl*
Let's go sit on the balcony.

23 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Natalia coughed up...

First on the first one as well, biatches!

I am loving what I am seeing.

*many huggs* and my first *snoopydance*

-N

 
At 9/21/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

nat- *hugs!* :D There will be much snoopydancing at this new pad I'm sure. Drop by anytime ms. jet setter. Bring your Hagfish. This town is fun.

 
At 9/22/2006 5:36 AM, Blogger Tom Cavnar coughed up...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/22/2006 5:37 AM, Blogger Tom Cavnar coughed up...

Your new pad sound lovely. I'm more than a little jealous. Mine is tiny and not lofty at all. I miss living in a real city.

Hope you are well, dude.

:: hugs and best wishes ::

-T

 
At 9/22/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Handsome Jack coughed up...

Here's to New Beginnings.

Best Wishes :)

 
At 9/22/2006 10:34 AM, Blogger john coughed up...

I didn't care for apartment life. Maybe I'm just too private of a person. I hated hearing other people making noise all of the time, which made me paranoid that I was making too much noise all of the time. Plus there was always that fear of a certain smokey herbal smell lingering out into the hallway... I do agree with you about the view, though. I wonder if my neighbors would mind if I built an 11-story addition on my house...

Good luck with the new blog, the new place and the new outlook. May all three changes mark happy milestones in the history of Hubris.

 
At 9/22/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

sonus- *big grins*

hj- thanks ;)

john- I have a foot of concrete between me & almost everyone else. Niose doesn't suck here. However, I do hear a lot of sirens bouncing off the towers.

 
At 9/23/2006 12:56 AM, Blogger HuneeB coughed up...

*sends happy thoughts and good vibes your way*

I hope that this blog and this new begining marks a new start toward all things good in your life! I will update the sidebar when I get a chance!

Glad to hear you are in a better place!

 
At 9/23/2006 12:56 AM, Blogger HuneeB coughed up...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/23/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger sassinak coughed up...

you know what isn't fair?

technically i was the first comment on this blog but you took down that post :P

*clears throat*
*moves on*

dude, i like it. and i like the reason behind it.

and pyr: you're welcome anytime

 
At 9/24/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

huneeb- its weird, but it really does feel that much better too! Thank you

py- I'm sure that a great deal hasn't changed excepting my attitude and my level of confidence.

Tell me, what of Alberta would be a draw for easterners like me.

I'm not really a fan of neighbours per say but I don't always wish they would discorporate. I might miss them...

sass- I'm grateful for your understanding :) and thanks. now all I need is a new header.

 
At 9/24/2006 4:50 PM, Blogger othercat coughed up...

The view from the beehive is pretty amazing. Much better in real life than from your fuzzy webcam. The webcam view is better than nothing for folks who are removed from our fair city though. I couldn't get over the yahoos yelping from their balconies last night. Must be the tap water or something. It is good thing we had Grolsch and Oberon instead.

 
At 9/25/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger da buttah coughed up...

pass the bowl!

and you know..i live like 2 hours from niagra falls ;) should you go again

 
At 9/25/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Lance coughed up...

Make it 16 sparking bitches. Sweet 16. Nice site, nice pad. Nice life. I declare this the year of Hubris. Long live the prideful one.

 
At 9/25/2006 8:29 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

py- I can do one or the other. Rural or metro that is... NEVER again shall I settle for anything in between. The suburbs will be the worst when the revolution comes*. *(I had to steal that from Sonus cuz I really agreee) Plus, they're pretty much the worst right now.

Answer a couple more silly questions if you aren't offended by them

1 - Is it true that Albertans consider attempting to secede to the USA? 2 - Would you consider Alberta a sister region to Texas?

other- totally. I'm sure this building has some form of contamination somewhere. :)

elle- *coughs cloud, blindly holds bowl out your general direction* Dude, by line of sight, I'm at least an hour closer to Niagara than it would be to drive it. Besides, we've no reason to be paranoid of passing the bowl if you come up here...

lsd- I've felt its been fairly charmed lately. I've been very blessed. Its weird to play Sims2 and then imagine myself as one, goal points rising when I get a promotion, green plus signs over my head when I have a good conversation... remember how Tetris seeped into the shapes you'd see in the real world?

 
At 9/25/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

oh man it would be so awesome if elle came to visit. you could put her up you have so much space.... hrm not sure she's want to though without her silk sheets...

elle come visit!

mmmm tetris

 
At 9/26/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger da buttah coughed up...

i'm not that prissy you know!

i don't travel with a sheet set!

 
At 9/26/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger Linz coughed up...

YAY! New blog!
I like it! And I can't wait to see the new apartment -- you seem all settled!

 
At 9/26/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

py- *giggles* Ahh. Good to know that Canadians are secure in their patriotism. Notice the proper implication of such a word used here. After all, I think if you asked Texans the same questions their answers would be far more nationalistic. ex: "What's a Caan-a-duh? Izzat a new state or somm?"

I've never been to Alberta or Texas. They're roughly the same size. Which has nothing to do with the fact that I've never been there.

elle- *disclaimer* I'm certain it was Sass who said that after logging in under my name to check or do something for me while I was busy working on her projects.

 
At 9/26/2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

linz- thanks! how bout CAN thanks weekend?

 
At 9/27/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger da buttah coughed up...

yea yea...way to shift the blame, Hubris.

i see how you roll!

 
At 9/27/2006 3:33 PM, Blogger sassinak coughed up...

um
it really was me

see the no capitals?
and the sheet dis? no way hubris did that...

 
At 9/27/2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Hubris coughed up...

scape-goating is a fast race. what's wrong Elle? you can't keep up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home